At MORR, we firmly believe that research and development is the cornerstone of innovation in a rapidly-changing world. We apply a multidisciplinary approach to transportation related research by bringing together industry expertise of transportation engineers with the technological expertise of computer and electrical engineers, as well as computer scientists.
Our unique blend of industry and technology experts apply innovative research methods to solve current and future transportation problems.
Our most recent R&D projects include:
- Application of video and acoustic technologies to improve pedestrian and cyclist safety at railway crossings.
- Technology development to communicate crossing blockages to drivers and/or vehicle.
- Technology development to communicate traffic congestion events and associated delay due to railway crossing blockages to a traffic management centre.
- Development of technologies to supply power to low-cost warning systems at railway crossings.
- TRAINFO – A real time information system that predicts rail crossing blockages applying patented algorithms.